Are you worthy enough to battle and defeat the champions?
The best of the Philippines will battle the rest of the country in the first-ever Challenge The Champions tournament! It will be a one-versus-all tournament, with Team PH – Essence deadsmack in the center against the likes of G1’Esports, Rebirth, Cynosure, DemiGoDz, TeamReflux, and more. The tournament will compose of the following segments, which will all serve as an acid test for Essence to gauge their skills for the upcoming Special Force 2 World Championship.
Challenge The Champions Open Tournament
Tournament Proper: 1 PM
Note: Only FIRST 8 TEAMS may be entertained.
Playpark Inc. General Rules
- To take part in the action, make sure to read and understand the General Rules of the overall tournament.
- By registering, participants are confirming that they have read and understood all the rules and guidelines and consent to any and all conditions.
- Announcements may be changed by the administrations. Any change will be posted on official channels only.
- FORMAT: Survivor Match. Essence vs. every team that registered in the tournament (maximum of 8)
- Participants may be required to take part in interviews and have their photos/videos taken by the media for publicity purposes.
- All concerns regarding the match must be reported to the Tournament Official on the spot or 30 minutes right after the end of the match.
- Chief Marshall’s decision is final and binding.
- All matches will be recorded by the tournament officials for documentation purposes.
- All players will be using their personal Special Force 2 accounts.
- Participating Team is composed of 5-Man Team and a substitute, if they choose to elect.
- Third Party Voice Chats like Raid Call, Discord, or Team Speak are allowed.
II. SUBSTITUTION RULES
- All participating teams may elect 1 substitute player.
- Teams will be required to submit their final line up including their substitute player one week before the tournament starts.
- Substitute players meals, transportation and accommodation are not covered by Playpark Inc. during the entire tournament.
- A Team has to consist of at least five participants. Those persons will be called “team members” or “members” of the team in the following.
- The administration highly recommends a lineup of at least 6 players. Unexpected issues for one single player are not a valid reason to postpone matches.
III. REPORTING TIME
- Teams, with all team members present, are to report at least 30 minutes before the start of the tournament
- After reporting in, team leaders must attend a tournament briefing by the Chief Game Marshal and relay the information to their team members 15 minutes before the tournament starts. The organizers/game marshals will not be responsible for any penalties incurred by the team due to either failure of the team leader in attending the briefing or any miscommunication in information from team leader to his members.
IV. LATECOMERS (TEAM)
- A grace period of 15 minutes time will be given for latecomers
- However, organizers will seed these latecomers in the tournament brackets according to their discretion
- If the latecomers still do not show when their match is called, they will be declared absent and the match declared a walkover.
V. LATECOMERS (TEAM MEMBER)
- 5 minutes – Automatic map/first pick to opposing team
- 15 minutes – Free bye for game 1 to opposing team
- 30 minutes – Team gets disqualified
Teams are to take note that there will be no breaks during the match.
VI. GAMING EQUIPMENT
- Playpark will provide necessary equipments for participants.
- Tournament participants are allowed to bring the following personal equipment for competition:
- The equipment software (driver) used must be approved by the organizers; non-approved drivers will not be accepted.
- Setting up of personal equipment will be done during the 15 minute warm-up period. If the equipment is not set up by the end of 15 minutes, the participant will revert to using the equipment as provided by the organizer.
VII. BEFORE MATCH PROCEDURE
- All team members must be present during the tournament. Please assemble at least five minutes before your matches.
- Teams will be allotted a 10 minute’s warm-up & set-up (All In session) before each match.
- Players are to use the allotted time to familiarize themselves with the keyboard as well as make any final adjustments to computer settings if needed (see Gaming Equipment).
- If all teams are ready before the 10 minutes are up, they may inform the Game Marshal and start their matches.
- Players should inform the Game Marshal on the positions that they are playing.
VIII. DURING MATCH PROCEDURE
- Communication, either verbal or through the in-game chat service, is allowed between team members during their matches; however communication with the opposing team, especially in the form of taunts or abusive language, is strictly prohibited.
- Once a team member dies in-game, that team member is BARRED from speaking or coaching other team members of possible enemy coordinates on the map.
- Deliberately stopping, hanging or disconnecting during gameplay will result in immediate disqualification.
- Usage of any external programs to gain advantage will result in an automatic disqualification and will be banned permanently.
- In the event of equipment malfunction, the player affected is to raise his/her hand to inform the Game Marshal.
- Illegal or improper movement, not normally made by using the map is not allowed
- If a team deliberately leaves a match before it ends, that game will be forfeited and the winning point awarded to the opposing team
- Sniper Limit is 2 only. First offense will result to a losing point on the offending party. Second Offense will result in the disqualification of the whole team. Any complaints rose after the 30-minute mark will not be entertained.
- Any instance of Cheating or usage of Macro in-game will not be tolerated. If such instances occur while the match is on-going, the Game Marshal will pause the match and resolve the problem. Gameplay is then resumed.
- Any usage of any abusive language will result in a warning point given.
Selection of Maps and Sides per Map
Map selection will be done through toss-coin.